I apologize for the Blair Witch quality of the kitten photos. But they do illuminate some true things:
1. My camera spends too much time at the bottom of my enormous purse–down with the pretzel crumbs and dessicated granola bars.
2. A small person in my house (and I’m not naming any names) threw the camera across the yard recently.
3. The kitten is pretty fast.
4. The kitten is a fluffer-nutter. A Twitter pal asked me what a fluffer-nutter was, and I’ll admit that a fluffer-nutter is a sandwich made with peanut butter and marshmallow creme that my friend Sam used to love to eat back in college. But there it is.
5. The kitten gets carried a lot. More than she ever dreamed possible.
6. I’m teaching her to sit on my shoulder. Because it’s either that or the keyboard.
7. We’re not totally settled on a name. For now, we are trying many things. Chloe. Sunshine. Clo-clo. Clo-cakes. Fluffinator. My friend Cate used to call her dog Little Snickety Snacks, and we may throw that in from time to time as well.
8. Here’s a great thing about cats. They always wear that same deadpan expression.